This photo is the first orchid picture in quite a while that I thought turned out well, so I feel like I ought to write something about it, but it kind of speaks for itself, so I'm not sure what to say. I'm not crazy about the whole ruffly frilly Cattleya thing, but those colors! So pretty!
Rhyncholaeliocattleya Dick Smith 'Aloha Spirit' = Rhyncholaeliocattleya Hisako Akatsuka x
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(75)
-
▼
September
(9)
- Weirdo Loner-Type (Leuchtenbergia principis)
- Pretty picture: Rhyncholaeliocattleya Dick Smith '...
- Unfinished business: Episcia-eating caterpillars
- Excuses, excuses
- Pretty pictures: Odontocidium Sunlight 'Pacific Su...
- Random plant event: Codonanthe serrulata
- Pretty pictures: Ascocenda Princess Mikasa
- Random plant events: Anthurium seedlings #59 and #282
- This is not the special post.
-
▼
September
(9)
Popular Posts
-
Leuchtenbergia principis is a lonely guy. For one thing, it's the only species in the genus Leuchtenbergia, what botanists call a monoty...
-
Book Give-away Rules: To be eligible to participate in this Book Give-away for a copy of Thomas Mickey’s book America’s Romance With the Eng...
-
DISCLAIMER AND STUFF: I received a review copy of this book from the publisher. There was no agreement that I would necessarily write a revi...
-
The International Orchid Register website and Google don't agree on the spelling here; Google says it's Belle Hogue Point, and the r...
-
In March 2009, the husband and I went to Cedar Rapids and bought a NOID Phalaenopsis at Frontier Garden Center. I didn't want to, becaus...
-
I am pleased to report that there has been a breakthrough in the whole camera-uploading-photos-to-dumb-locations business. The overall situa...
-
Paphiopedilum Pinocchio is a primary hybrid (hybrid between two species, as opposed to a hybrid of a hybrid) between Paphiopedilum glaucophy...
-
This photo is the first orchid picture in quite a while that I thought turned out well, so I feel like I ought to write something about it, ...
-
In my previous post, I said would not be posting over the weekend, because I was trying to get a special post ready for today. But I have fa...
-
Still working on the Leuchtenbergia profile; things keep coming up and preventing me from getting as far on it as I would like. I'm hopi...